Source Naturals Vitamin B-2 riboflavin 100 mg tablets
Vitamin B-2, also known as riboflavin, is a component of two enzymes: flavin mononucleotide (FMN) and flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD). These enzymes are important in energy production, and are essential for normal fatty acid and amino acid synthesis. Because of their vital roles, cellular growth cannot take place in the absence of vitamin B-2 riboflavin.
All B vitamins help the body to convert food (carbohydrates) into fuel (glucose), which is burned to produce energy. B complex vitamins are necessary for healthy skin, hair, eyes, and liver. They also help the nervous system function properly. All the B vitamins are water-soluble, meaning that the body does not store them.
In addition to producing energy for the body, riboflavin also works as:
- an antioxidant by fighting damaging particles in the body known as free radicals.
- Riboflavin is also needed to help the body change vitamin B6 and folate into forms it can use. It is also important for body growth and red blood cell production.
- Vitamin B2, along with other nutrients, is important for normal vision.
- riboflavin might help prevent cataracts - damage to the lens of the eye, which can lead to cloudy vision.
- Several studies suggest that people who get migraines may reduce how often they get migraines and how long they last by taking riboflavin. Taking 400 mg of riboflavin a day cut the number of migraine attacks in half.
Information on this site is provided for informational purposes only. You should read carefully all on correct product packaging and follow the instructions.
dibasic calcium phosphate, stearic acid, colloidal silicon dioxide, modified cellulose gum, and magnesium stearate.